The Liberal Democrats have launched their manifesto for the 2019 local elections in Liverpool on Thursday 2nd May. Titled 'Demand Better for Liverpool', the 2019 manifesto offers a positive alternative to the Joe Anderson Labour one-party-state.
The Liberal Democrats are the only party in Liverpool who have written a manifesto for the local elections. We have always believed that a manifesto is a key part of communicating our vision for the city with the people.
Highlights of the manifesto include:
- Major changes in the way the council is run, ensuring real scrutiny and oversight of the Mayor and Cabinet.
- A renewed pledge to abolish the position of the Elected Mayor of Liverpool.
- Working to improve the representation of groups currently underrepresnted in the council, both in the chamber and as members of staff, to build a council that better represents the city it serves.
- A pledge to protect both the World Heritage Status AND the parks and green spaces of Liverpool.
- Radical proposals to improve the health of residents in our city - from improving the amount of excercise students get in school, to improving access to green spaces for people across the city, setting ambitious air quality targets and tackling period poverty.
- Using the new local plan to drive planning priorities with the needs of the city in mind, not big developers. From improving the quality of housing in the city, to fighting for more affordable housing where we need it most. Fighting for great neigbourhoods for all.
Agree with our priorities for Liverpool? Sign below and share.