Southport foster carer David Newman has been selected as the Liberal Democrat candidate for Metro Mayor of the Liverpool City Region.
"I live in Southport with my young family. My partner and I are fortunate to work, own a house and live a happy and healthy life.
"But for many across Merseyside and Halton circumstances, not least caused by Covid-19, are leaving people behind.
"This region requires real leadership. Someone who offers a real direction, tackles the climate emergency, fixes our broken transport network and offers hope to many businesses affected by Covid-19.
"As Metro Mayor I will:
- Introduce the first UK trial of a universal basic income (UBI)
- Re-invent our high streets, support small businesses and the self employed
- Produce a radical plan to end the climate emergency
- Tackle crime and anti social behaviour, abolish the Police commissioner and stand up for civil liberties
- Place our region at the heart of Europe and wider world by showcasing our many talents, use our ports and universities for new trade and economic opportunities.
- Fix our broken transport system and deliver on Steve Rotherham’s broken promises to connect our region
- Build new, zero carbon homes and restore trust in our region’s broken planning process brought on by the Caller report into Liverpool City Council."
FOR DAVID'S FULL PRIORITIES FOR THE LIVERPOOL CITY REGION PLEASE VISIT www.davidnewman.org.uk.